Name Chris QuartiHigh School English TeacherPhone: (417) 256-6150E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgBest time to reach me:
Before school, or any time via email
AnnouncementsDaily Class SchedulePeriodClass18:10-9:00Literature in the Bible29:00-9:50Conference39:50-10:40Honors English III410:45-11:30511:35-1:05Honors English III61:00-1:55Honors. English III
2:07-2:54Literature in the Bible
BiographyBorn:Independence, MoUndergraduate Study:Bachelor of Science in English Education - Central Missouri State UniversityGraduate Study:Masters in Administration - William Woods UniversityYear(s) @ West Plains Public Schools:1320 years teachingCo-curricular ActivitiesAssistant Football Coach, Freshman Baseball CoachFavorite QuoteIron sharpens iron, just as one man sharpens another.
English Tools and Sites
Use the following apps, programs, and sites to gain access to audio versions of class novels and outside reading books.
- Audio Books: a free app that will read hundreds of classics aloud
- Gutenburg - 2300 Audiobooks: a free app that reads thousands of classics aloud
- Romeo and Juliet: USF Lit 2 Go: check this out on iTunes U to hear any scene read by the University of Southern Florida
- Julius Caesar: USF Lit 2 Go: check this out on iTunes U to hear any scene read by the University of Southern Florida
The following apps are available for free:
- Dictionary.com (look up the meaning of any word instantly)
- iBooks (for iPhone and iPad)
- Scrabble (enhance your vocabulary with this challenging game!)
- iTranslate (translate words and hear them pronounced)
- Kindle (read hundreds of free classics on your phone or tablet any time, any place)
- Official SAT Question of the Day
- Ace the SAT (with practice tests and test scores)
- Princeton SAT Vocab Review ($4.99)
- College Search (search by factors like location, cost, and enrollment)
Should it be "I" or "Me"?
The sites below provide grammar information and instruction for all of those confusing rules of English:
Be a genius by learning these top vocabulary words. You may see them on the STAR, CAHSEE, SAT, or ACT exams!