Dear West Plains School District Families,
The West Plains School District plans to begin the 2021-22 school year on Monday, August 23, 2021, with a full in-person learning schedule across the district while still following updated guidance and mitigation strategies outlined by federal, state, and local health authorities.
It is our goal and our intent to maintain a safe learning environment. We appreciate your patience and continued support as we navigate the school year to make the most of every learning experience for all students.
Please read this email for several important updates, and watch your email in the coming weeks for additional information and school-specific details to support your student.
Return to Learn -At-A-Glance
- Masks required for students K-12 beginning Monday, August 23 (only during the regular school day and on school transportation);
- Masks required for all employees beginning Monday, August 16.
- Early Childhood and certain special education student populations would not be required to mask.
- Students would be extended opportunities to unmask during the day when social/physical distancing can be achieved; and
- Masks required when riding the bus, per federal mandate.
- Students and staff will NOT be required to wear face coverings when they are outside for recess, PE, or when learning in an outdoor space.
- After school events are optional to attend and do not require masking.
- Each building will review and collect data on absences, quarantines, positive cases, or CoVID-19 impacts and provide the Board an update on September 21.
- The Howell County Health Department will identify close contacts and quarantine guidelines.
The entire West Plains School District Return to Learn Plan for the 2021-2022 School year is available here.
We want to assure you that we remain focused on what’s best for our students and how we can continue to provide them with an outstanding education. We make every decision with the best interests of our entire school family in mind.
Dr. Lori Wilson
Superintendent of Schools
West Plains School District