Return to Learn - Fall 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has proven to be incredibly challenging educationally, for teachers, students, and families. Survey results from West Plains School District staff and parents have shown that, overwhelmingly, many are eager to return to in-seat education this fall. We share in this desire, and have worked diligently to outline measures that will allow us to return to school while keeping our staff and students safe.
As we return for the 2020-2021 school year, the West Plains School District will work to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for staff and students. Our full “Return to Learn Fall 2020 Re-entry Plan” is built around the following foundational priorities:
- The health and safety of our students is our number one priority.
- The most effective instruction is delivered in-person by teacher.
- Other at-risk factors increase when students are not in school.
- Alternative method of instruction must be provided for students who may be vulnerable.
- Instructional approaches need to consider individual and developmental needs.
This web page will serve as a home for information and updates related to the reopening of our schools.