Welcome to West Plains Schools
Whether you have a child who is getting ready to enter Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten, or you have recently relocated to the West Plains area and need to enroll your school-age children into the district, we hope that the resources on this page will assist you in providing a smooth transition for your student.
New student enrollment starts at our district enrollment office at 305 Valley View Drive.
If you do not know your resident school district, please call the Howell County Assessor’s Office at 417-256-8284. Please be aware, West Plains has five area K-8 School District that are independent of the West Plains School District. If you live in one of these five K-8 School District you will need to contact that district for the enrollment processes. Students 9-12 may choose to attend West Plains High School. If this is your situation you will need to take the K-8 Residency/Tuition Verification Form to your residential district along with a proof of residency.
You may download and print copies of the forms below or pick them up at the district enrollment office at 305 Valley View Drive West Plains Missouri.
District Forms – Only one set of these forms should be filled out for the entire family. If you have more than one student to enroll you only need to complete this form one time for your family.
Please bring the following information with you for all children you are enrolling:
- Completed enrollment forms if completed using the online forms. Copies of these forms can be provided to you at any of the main building level offices.
- Proof of residency (examples of acceptable documents include: Rental contract, Real Estate Contract signed by all parties, Utilities Bill/Deposit Receipt (current utility bill such as water, gas, or electricity), payroll check, driver's license issued within 3 months, W-4, employment documents, (High School Only) K-8 Residency/Tuition Verification Form if you reside in a K-8 district.
- Your photo ID (any valid state or federal government-issued photo ID is acceptable, such as a driver's license, state ID card, U.S. passport, military ID, or tribal photo ID)
- Child's legal, state-issued birth certificate
- Child's up-to-date immunization records as required by the State of Missouri
- Proof of guardianship if the student lives within district boundaries with someone other than a parent
- If applicable, any legal documents regarding custody arrangements, etc.
For students transferring from another district, please bring:
- Name and address of the previous school attended or an unofficial transcript from that school
If you didn’t complete the forms at home, additional information you will need to complete the process.
- Phone numbers and addresses for primary contact and all parents/guardians for the student
- Names/phone numbers for emergency contacts