West Plains School District Educator of the Year Eligibility
- The nominated teacher must have five years of teaching experience.
- The nominated teacher must have two years of teaching experience in the West Plains School District.
- Must be a full-time, fully certified teacher, school librarian, guidance counselor, or instructional coach (principals and other administrators are ineligible)
- Candidates should be an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled teacher who plans to continue an active teaching status.
- Candidates should have the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues, inspiring students of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Candidates should be poised and articulate, having the energy to withstand a busy schedule.
- Candidates should play active roles in their communities, providing service and leadership in civic, religious, or humanitarian activities
Awards and Activities
- A personal award of $500 in Chamber Bucks from the West Plains Education Foundation.
- Recognition at the annual Employee Recognition Program.
- Personalized Plaque
Each year, the district educator of the year will be entered into DESE’s Regional Teacher of the year process.
- Recognition and award by the Missouri School Public Relations Association.
- Recognition and award provided by The Boeing Company.
- Banquet hosted by the Missouri State Board of Education
- Ceremonies with the governor and legislators.