West Plains School District
Parents Right to Know
At the beginning of each school year, a participating LEA must notify the parents/guardians of each student attending a building that receives Title I funds that the parents/guardians may request, and the LEA will provide in a timely manner, information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teachers.
The teachers’ qualifications will include, at a minimum, the following:
• Whether the teacher has met state certification criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher is providing instruction
• The baccalaureate degree major and any other graduate degree or certification, including field of discipline, the teacher holds
• Whether their child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualificationsIn addition to the above information that parents may request, a building that receives Title I funds must provide to each individual parent:
• Information on their child’s achievement level in each of the state academic assessments
• notice that their child has been assigned, or has been taught, for four or more consecutiveweeks by a substitute teacher or a person who is not appropriately certified. The notices and information provided to parents must be in a format and language that is easily understood by all parents.